Soliciting in the Township
Effective December 20, 2021:
Due to the surge in COVID-19 cases in Allegheny County, Township Management has suspended soliciting in Shaler Township until further notice.
Soliciting Rules for Shaler Township
• All individuals soliciting in the Township must have a permit. The Township does not allow for shadowing or drivers without permits.
• Federal Bureau of Investigation Criminal Background Check (valid for one year) for each applicant must be completed and a copy given to Shaler Township – https://www.identogo.com/
• Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check (valid for one year) for each applicant must be completed and a copy given to Shaler Township - www.psp.state.pa.us
• The Soliciting Application form must be completed and signed by the applicant to include complete permanent home and local address of applicant along with vehicle information. All persons (trainees or other) must have a permit to solicit in the Township. Applications and other documents may be sent by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Photograph (size – 2” x 2”) of the applicant showing the head and shoulders in a clear and distinguishing manner or a colored copy of driver’s license may also be used.
• Copy of current Driver’s license must be provided and brought in as identification for permit.
• Company Fee: Month: $100.00 for 5 Employees / additional $25.00 each over 5
Year: $200.00 for 5 Employees / additional $25.00 each over 5
• The Township Ordinance may be found on-line at this site under Government, Ordinances, Chapter 169.
• You will receive a copy of the No Solicitation List when you come in for a permit. No person shall canvass, solicit, distribute circulars or other matter or call from house-to-house or place-to-place in the Township of any person who has specifically requested that canvassers and solicitors not solicit such persons at any time.
• Soliciting is permitted Monday through Saturday from 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM.
• Soliciting is not permitted on the following Holidays, the Shaler Township Ordinance follows the Allegheny County Court Holidays:
New Year’s Day Veteran’s Day
President’s Day Thanksgiving Day
Good Friday By Court Order – Day after Thanksgiving
Memorial Day Christmas Eve
Flag Day Christmas Day
Independence Day New Year’s Eve
Labor Day Columbus Day