Trash & Recycling Service
724-929-7694 Ext. 2
Questions may be e-mailed to County Hauling at firstname.lastname@example.org
County Hauling conducts service operations on a five-day a week schedule. Please refer to the street listing to find out what day the contractor will pick up your trash and recycling. Place your trash and recycling out by the curb weekly for collection the night before your designated collection day. If you are a senior (age 65 or older) and your invoice does not reflect the senior rate, you may bring proper identification into the Township office or submit the Senior Citizen Discount form below to register for the reduced rate.
County Hauling provides curbside collection of unlimited household waste. While unlimited, trash should be kept to a reasonable level of 10 bags per collection. All household trash should be placed in trash bags before being placed in the trash can. Garbage service includes normal household waste, yard waste, furniture, bundled carpet cut in 4-ft. lengths and appliances (Freon must be removed by a certified plumber). Please place one (1) bulk item per week for disposal. For disposal of construction, demolition or remodeling material, please contact County Hauling for disposal rental information. Household Hazardous Waste and Electronic Waste pick-up are included as part of your garbage service. You must schedule your pick up with County Hauling for this service. See service restrictions below.
||Regular Rate|| Senior Rate - 65 years or older *
|2021||$63.75 quarter||$52.20 quarter|
|2020||$62.61 quarter||$51.28 quarter
Senior Citizen Trash & Recycling Discount - Age 65 plus
Resident must apply at the Township Municipal Building and bring photo identification with proof of age, or send copy of proof of age with application. Senior Citizen Discount Rate Form
Trash Waiver - Billing Waiver Request- Six month time period only.
Customers who temporarily leave their permanent residence for more than 30 days in the Township shall be permitted by the Contractor to cancel service temporarily for a period not exceeding six (6) months. Requests for this exception must be made to the Township at least 10 days prior to the requested date to stop service. Form is available below and also at the Township Municipal Building. Trash Waiver Request Form
- Due to state and local regulations, the following materials are prohibited from collection; automotive, batteries, tires, wet paint, chemicals, liquids, and hazardous waste such as asbestos, gasoline, or oil. (see Household Hazardous Waste Collection) Appliances with refrigerants (freon) may only be collected if a sticker is placed on the appliance certifying the refrigerants have been removed.
- Brush, branches, or tree limbs may not exceed 4 inches in diameter. Material must be bundled not to exceed 4 feet in length and no more than 8 inches in diameter. Please containerize your rubbish in standard 32-gallon trash containers or heavy plastic bags securely tied. Bags and / or cans may not exceed 50 pounds.
- Paint will be picked up only after the lid has been removed and the paint has been absorbed by shredded newspaper, kitty litter or old mulch. When the can is dried, leave the lid off and include the can with your weekly pickup. No wet paint will be accepted. (see Household Hazardous Waste Collection)
- Needles can be disposed of in the weekly trash provided they are in a container such as a plastic milk carton or empty coffee can. All containers should be sealed with tape so the needles cannot fall out.
Glass Recycling available at Reserve Park Landfill
- Monday through Friday 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM
- Saturdays 7:30 AM to 12:00 PM
408 Hoffman Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15212
Call to verify: 412-821-9874
Directions Link to Reserve Park Landfill