Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
The Shaler Township Board of Commissioners have introduced an amendment to the Peddling and Solicitation Ordinance. Please see full copy of the proposed Ordinance - click here.
The major changes to the proposed ordinance is detailed below.
2. Section 169-6.H. shall be amended to read, “A current background investigation from a qualified agency, valid for one year accompanied by current valid photo identification to be submitted at the time application is made.”
3. Section 169-7.A. shall be amended to read, “For 30 days or any part thereof: $100, which will include 5 solicitors’ licenses, and $25 for each additional license.”
4. Section 169-7.B. shall be amended to read, “For one year or any part thereof: $200, which will include 5 solicitors’ licenses, and $25 for each additional license.”
5. Section 169-13.B. shall be amended to read, “No canvasser or solicitor shall be permitted to solicit or canvass before 9:00 a.m., or after 7:00 p.m., prevailing time, Monday through Saturday and there will be no soliciting or canvassing on Sundays.”
6. Section 169-13.D. shall be amended to read, “No registrant shall be permitted to solicit or canvass on any holiday on which the Allegheny County Courts are closed, or Easter Sunday.”
There will be a public hearing on Tuesday, June 12 at 7:00 PM on the second floor of the Municipal Building - Council Chambers.
If you have any questions regarding the proposed Ordinance or meeting time, please call 412-486-9700 and ask for the Manager's office.